[Guide] CSS Textures and/or Maps for FREE (Fix those pink errors and more)

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Bud, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Bud

Bud Sloot Pimp Donator

How to get CSS Textures and/or Maps for Free.

Follow this method if you want to get rid of all these error signs, pink walls and missing textures (and much more). In this method you'll be able to download CSS Maps as well.
    You'll need a program to extract the content to their respecting folders since they'll be in a .rar file.
    I use WinRAR:
    http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Where to find the content (CSS Textures, Maps and other games)
    http://kajar9.wix.com/cscheater2/#!downloads/chgd

I used the MEGA buttons since they're usually faster and more reliable than others. What you'll need is the first button: "Game Content" and if you want the maps, it's the second button. Let it download and read below to know where to extract it.

Windows:

After you're done downloading you'll see this pop up
    [​IMG]

You'll need to click once on the folder so it's highlighted then you'll need to click on the button "Extract To". Now you can extract it anywhere but the easiest spot is on the Desktop for now.

You'll then click on the Start menu > Computer > C:// Drive > Program Files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > common > GarrysMod > garrysmod > addons
    You'll have to drag the folder that you copied onto to your desktop and copy it in the addons folder. Now you're pretty much done.
    If you did download the CSS Maps as well you'll have to do all these steps again except you won't copy the maps in the addons folder but instead in the maps folder.

Mac / OSX

Please download WinRAR and the CSS Content and then copy the whole folder onto your desktop like I showed above.

Follow these steps to access the Steam folder:

Open Finder > At the top press on Go and then Hold the Alt/option key. A folder will pop up in the list called "Library", click on it.
    Then follow these paths: Application Support > Steam > SteamApps > common > GarrysMod > garrysmod > addons

You'll have to drag the folder that you copied onto to your desktop and copy it in the addons folder. Now you're pretty much done.
    If you did download the CSS Maps aswell you'll have to do all these steps again except you won't copy the maps in the addons folder but instead in the maps folder.

You can use this method to install all the different games content found on the website. By downloading this, you won't be able to play the full games. This method is to save you money so you don't need to buy the required games to fix the texture errors.

You can also use different softwares to extract the .rar files, I'm just used to using WinRAR

If you have any questions or issues with this let me know via PM or comment here.

Edit: In Rules forum so guests can see without registering. Provided as-is. Use with care.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Panda-Chan

Panda-Chan Zzzz

Bud so smert demote to owner
    but the purple and black squares n error signs are pretty~~~I've seen the dolls map with textures and it just looks depressing.
    You guys live a sad. Textured. Life.

Now peepel will feel bad about making help posts cause it's copying butt
    It's not cool anymore
    Butt broke it
    #BanBudTheNoobHelper

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nyuu

Nyuu I Am A Diclonius, Ready To Kill Donator

This was very helpful. Thank you Bud

#TheNewAdmin <-- not sure :p

4. Nat

Nat ただいま Donator

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. GLaDOS

GLaDOS Dan K Memer Donator

noice job m8

6. Sir Eric

Sir Eric Aspiring Engineer

This will be very helpful for players

7. Red

Red The Real Pokeman Champion

#TooLazy2Dew

8. Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear Dan: I love ya

ty :3 i like how you did it for Mac users too. :_:

9. Frost

Frost Frost descendant.

Easy, don't use a mac. Honestly you have to get someone to put it on a jumpdrive, move it to your pc then put it in the right spot, only way it'll work, or get CSS

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I am Groot

I am Groot New Member

Wish I knew this 1000 hours ago.

11. Foxtrot

Foxtrot "Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica" -Dwight Donator

I still dont have some of the textures.. Am I supposed to download all of them, not just CSS?

12. Bud

Bud Sloot Pimp Donator

I'm not missing anything so I don't know.. What textures are you missing?

13. Foxtrot

Specifically, on deathrun, the glass texture and the floor on the aztecan map... I'm missing more but I dont remember any other specifics

14. Spork

Spork .

A good free alternative to WinRar is 7zip. Also a pretty good video tutorial for this can be found at

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Foxtrot

I have the css textures, but I believe that some of the maps use some textures from other sources, I"m jsut not sure where. It's no big deal, thanks for the help :)

16. Foxtrot

Any idea where I can find glass textures? It gets annoying when the glass is invisible... I had them for a little while but now they're gone out of nowhere :|

Attached Files:

17. WHITE

WHITE Nah mate, I'm a Mod

Have you found a fix for this foxtrot or anyone? I have had several people who I have linked here later end up asking the same thing.

18. BrinyDog hunter

BrinyDog hunter Hotpocket Addict Donator

buddy....you kinda did a naughty. honestly i hope you dont get reinforced for bringing up a OLD thread. meh

19. Foxtrot

nope glass is still invis

20. WHITE

WHITE Nah mate, I'm a Mod

Lol briny i posted here to see if there was a fix for it xD Because i honestly want to help people who have that same problem.